The South Asian culture is renowned for indulging in glamour but my look here is really understated with all the emphasis being on my eyes and hair.
1. Base: I used the MAC Prep + prime skin base visage followed by L’Oreal Numbers de BB Creme, followed by Estée Lauder’s Double Wear concealer and foundation.
2. Contour: I then contoured by applying dark contour creme on the hollows of my cheeks and highlighting under my eyes and my T zone using a much lighter shade. ABH, Artists of Makeup or Laura Mercier all have great products to use for this. If you don’t have a contour palette at home you could just use concealer and bronzer.
3. Eyes: I filled in my eyebrows using the Benefit brow kit. I then applied pink eyeshadow on the base of my eyelids and blended it out into the royal blue shade I had applied on my eyelids. I applied eyeliner using a collection 2000 eyeliner felt pen. I then applied my eyelure eyelashes. I then went over my eyelashes with a MAC false lash extreme effect mascara. This just gave my lashes more depth and a more natural curve.
Enter a caption
4. Lips: I chose MAC velvet teddy along with a light pink lipgloss which I just found in my makeup bag- it didn’t have a label since I randomly peeled it off but it’s nice! Pinky!
5. Cheek: My favourite bit! This time I used Peachykeen Shimmer Blush by MAC which you can see above. I added a cheeky bit of MAC highlighter to my cheeks.
6. Finishing touches: To top this all off I used Barry M’s cheek contour kit just to shape my nose a little bit more and then applied Bobbi Brown powder on my T zone along with MAC’s finishing powder where it didn’t look natural. I then spritzed my face all over with the Urban Decay Setting Spray.
Accessories and Hair
7. Headpiece: For my hair I just plaited my slightly outgrown fringe back towards the crown of my head and then secured it with a hair grip. I then places the headpiece into place and secured it with 2 black grips. I then applied vO5 hairspray, which I love because it doesn’t leave white bits in my hair!
Accessories are key- there’s nothing stopping you from going over the top with bangles ad huge earrings etc but remember what kind of nature the event is and always bear in mine what everyone else is wearing and whether it’s a showy event or a classy, simple one.
8. Finally, I loosely curled the rest of my hair really quickly using Remington curling tongs. I don’t like using my GHD’s to curl because I just generally prefer using curling tongs.
Depending on the nature of the function only you will be able to judge whether the balance between your hair, makeup and accessories is right.
Here I kept mine minimal because although I wanted to be glam, I also wanted to be simplistic and comfortable as the day was only with family.